Hospitalist Jobs in Iowa
Sunday · December 16, 2018
1 Job in The Hawkeye State
Photo: Skyline view at sunset of Des Moines, Iowa.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
- CME benefits.
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- The ideal candidate will have two to five years' experience as a hospitalist working collaboratively to improve quality of care and patient outcomes.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant.
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any United States State is permissible.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- The ability to triage new patients and willingness to work various shifts is required.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Bonus and relocation incentive authorized.
- Two years minimum experience is required, but hospitalist chief residents from an academic residency will be considered.
- National Healthcare Recruitment Services.
- Disability Retirement.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- 5 NP.
- The Iowa City VA Health Care System is actively recruiting for three Hospitalist Physicians, BC or BE in Internal Medicine.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- Per year with unlimited carry over!
- Education Debt Repayment Program may be available to qualified candidates.
- Department staffing: 2 Hospitalist.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Iowa.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Notes: shared office space.
- How is the pension funded?
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
- Full benefits (see below).
- Full time.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Hours and Shifts: Various shift wok some nights and weekends.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- No Physician Employment Contracts!
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Charles D. Long, United States Army (Retired).
This perm job from Partners was last open on Nov 10.