Hospitalist Jobs in Iowa
Monday · June 25, 2018
1 Job in The Hawkeye State
Photo: Skyline view at sunset of Des Moines, Iowa.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Mercy offers an established Hospitalist program, in place since 2006.
- Competitive salaries regularly benchmarked with bonus incentives.
- Physician may conduct cardiac stress testing including performance and EKG interpretation.
- Excellent Benefit & Compensation Package.
- Inpatient responsibilities can include consults, perioperative care management, and limited ICU care (Intensivists available).
- Relocation assistance.
- Iowa City's motto is "Small Town Atmosphere, Big City Choices". Iowa City is consistently rated among the best places to live in America.
- More detailed Mercy Iowa City information at.
- Iowa's Creative Corridor gives you access to great opportunities in activities, entertainment, retail, schools, housing, recreation, culture, and more!
- From art museums to County Fairs, roadside diners to high-end bistros, music in the park to Broadway Productions, the opportunities to enjoy life without the long commutes and daily drudge you find in other cities is enjoyed here everyday.
- 6 nationally for public and private schools.
- 10 hr.
- Mercy Hospitalists provide a full spectrum of common Internal Medicine bedside care for all inpatients age 18 years and older.
- 24/7 in-house Hospitalist program.
- Average patient case load is 15 patients per Hospitalist per 10 hour day shift.
- Beautiful parks and recreation, clean air and water, diverse cultural community with emphasis on the arts and cultural events.
- Home of the University of Iowa and the Iowa Hawkeyes.
- Respond to codes and all requests from the Rapid Response Team.
- About Mercy Hospital.
- Nightshift (5pm - 7am).
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and dozens of other communities in our 7-county region each offer their own unique set of amenities.
- Dayshift (7am-5pm) triple coverage.
- The Corridor moves at the perfect speed because it's the place where you Pick Your Pace.
- Mercy Iowa City is a 234 bed, acute care, Joint Commission accredited, Level III Trauma Center located in the heart of Iowa City, IA.
- Malpractice Insurance.
- Low crime rates, affordable housing, short commutes, activities and things to do.
- What makes Iowa City a great place to live?
- Hospitalists maintain inpatient privileges at Mercy Hospital.
- 14 hr.
- Board Certified or Board eligible in Internal Medicine as well as a licensure for the State of Iowa and Acls certification.
- A minimum of 5 consecutive shifts required on day shift.
- No outpatient practice.
- Hospitalists are an important component organization-wide with quality based initiatives.
- Our Community.
- Productivity measures include staff and patient satisfaction, quality metrics such as length of stay, readmission rate, mortality rate, and improved cost effectiveness.
- Hospitalists are key in providing prompt communication to primary care and referring physicians.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Iowa City, IA.
- Mercy Hospitalist physicians are hospital employed with a comprehensive benefit package including: health (including an HSA plan), dental, vision, life and long-term disability, 401(k), 457(b) plan for additional pre-tax deferrals, CME allowance, flexible spending accounts, free parking and more.
- Opportunities to attend hospital-wide committees as agreed upon.
- Consider Iowa City, you will be glad you did!
- Achievements of quality targets for clinical measures are evaluated in pay-for-performance initiatives.
- Over 250 medical care professionals provide primary care and specialty services within the community.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago